Thursday, April 06, 2006

Explaining the unexplainable        (Soliloquies)

Can you hear the inner voice?

It is always asking...
Those questions, that inquisitive probing. The old "W" queries.

Reality is a foggy sea where our selves sail, each one of us in a different boat.
Some are full of lights and contraptions to send signals, other with just a positioning light and a small flag.
We drift along.
Sometimes we are so near one another we think we can communicate and start to send frantic signals from our decks.
From the other boat seems as if there was an understanding and it sends signals back.
After a while we feel we are communicated, but are we?
Up to a point, maybe, enough to drift along, to feel we are not utterly alone, it is possible to exchange tokens, but we cannot, ever, to board the other boat, to feel the "other" reality.
Questions stand alive, scorching us as a burning iron:
Why am I estranged this way?
What is the reason of this severe exclusion?
How can I feel other people feelings, share their tenets, know what "red" means, really means, in their minds, and why I cannot do it!
Cool!

Like it or not we must treasure second best, that poor imitations of true sharing: friendship, partnership, love, or worst yet "third best" hugs, kisses and that being so near but never near enough! poor sad, frantic signals sent from our loneliness.

Is this all that there is? Is madness the ruler of this happenstance?
If you tell me that you believe this, I must take it as true, but is it? How I, or even you for that matter, know it is true. Have you dived into the deep inners of your consciousness? Have you probed all possibilities?, or this belief is only the product of disappointment, an expression of rage against the unassailable fortress of the unknown. Do you think the unknown exists? Can I say I do not know the unknown and still look into my own feelings?

Seems so sad but no, it is not so...
Cheer up, in this reality there is no eternity, nothing is forever and that is good!


© 2007 Soother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found this special time to read THE blog....alone, at night and silent.
And I'm sure I'm right.... YOU are behind this words...
This comment is only for you to know I'm here . And I will visit you again...it's a plesure for my soul !
THANKS FOR BEING there.